Sarah C. Whiting
Attorney Sarah C. Whiting at Burbach & Stansbury S.C. is committed to navigating clients through the difficult process of any family law matter. Whether you are filing divorce or seeking custody and placement of your child, Sarah is an experienced and compassionate lawyer. Throughout her career, she has been helping families like yours and understands how emotionally stressful it is to deal with these types of legal matters. Allow Sarah to utilize her years of experience on your behalf. She takes the time to learn about your unique situation and tailors her approach according to your family’s specific needs.
Sarah is a proud graduate of Marquette University School of Law, where she was awarded the CALI Awards or the highest grade in Juvenile Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Advanced Legal Research.
Membership & Leadership Positions
- Certified Member, The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, February 2019 to present
- Committee Member, Training Committee of the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, August 2017 to present
- Committee Member, Membership Committee of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (Wisconsin Chapter), May of 2017 to present
- Committee Member, Leander J. Foley Matrimonial Chapter of the American Inns of Court, March of 2017 to present
- Committee Member, Consulting Committee for the Milwaukee County Safe Exchange and Visitation Committee, June of 2013 to June of 2015
- Board Member, Steering Committee for the Milwaukee County Mediation Improvement Project, March of 2010 to December of 2013
- “Parenting Coordinator vs. Special Master/Referee vs. Family Court: Who Can Do What?”, delivered to the 2019 Joint Wisconsin Family Court Commissioner Association/Wisconsin Association of Judicial Court Commissioners Spring Conference, Port Washington, Wisconsin.
- "First Responder’s Divorce," delivered at the State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Meeting and Conference, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, August of 2018.
- "Parent Coordinator vs. Special Master/Referee vs. Family Court: Who Can Do What?," delivered at the Ozaukee County Bar Association, Ozaukee, Wisconsin, December 2017 and at the Leander J. Foley Matrimonial Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, February of 2018.
- "Wisconsin Divorce Kit," delivered at the 2015 Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, October 2015.
- "Managing the Role of Significant Others as a Family Restructures," delivered at the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Annual Conference, Kansas City, Kansas, November 2013.
- "Survey of GAL Topics: Ethics," delivered at the State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Guardian ad Litem training, Madison, Wisconsin, May 2009.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor - 2008
- Honors: Mary Leach Smith Scholarship: Awarded and renewable on basis of grades
- Honors: Association for Women Lawyers Foundation Pomeroy Scholarship (Fall 2007)
- Honors: Dean's List: Fall 2006 and Spring 2007
- Honors: CALI Awards (highest grades): Juvenile Law, Law and the Social Sciences: Parent, Child, & State, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Advanced Legal Research
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Arts - 05/2000
- Major: Psychology
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Property Division
Honors & Awards
- 2010 Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal
- Super Lawyers Rising Star