YOUR FAMILY IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER
Kate A. Neugent
Membership & Leadership Positions
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section, Member
- Leander J. Foley Society of Family Lawyers, Treasurer, 2019 to present
- Society of Family Lawyers, Secretary, 2018 to 2019
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Committee Member, Consulting Committee for the Milwaukee County Safe Exchange and Visitation Committee, June of 2013 to present
- Collaborative Family Law Counsel of Wisconsin, Member
- The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, Certified Member
- National Association of Counsel for Children, Member
- Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Professional Women
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- Washington County Bar Association, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Completion of Certified Mediator Training with Zena Zumeta
- Completion of Guardian ad Litem Training
- Completion of Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Training
- Family and Children's Court Certified
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Public Interest Law Society, Fellowship Recipient 2004
- Honors: Marquette Mediation Competition, Winner 2004
- Honors: Student Bar Association, 3L Class Representative
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Social Welfare
- Honors: magna cum laude
Classes & Seminars
- “Practitioner Panel”: Judicial Education Family Law Seminar, Presenter, Neenah, Wisconsin, March 2019.
- "Family Law: Hot Topics from Experienced GALs," Milwaukee Bar Association Family Law Section, Presenter, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 2017.
- "Hearing Children's Voices in Family Court," Judicial Education Family Law Seminar, Presenter, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, March 2017.
- "Basic Divorce," delivered at the 2016 Volunteer Lawyers Project, November 10, 2016.
- "Wisconsin Divorce Kit," delivered at the 2015 Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, October 2015.
- "Evidentiary Issues Concerning Medical Records from the Perspective of Parents and the Children," delivered to the Legal Action of Wisconsin's Volunteer Lawyers Project, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, November 2008.
- Article: “The Future of Voluntary Paternity Acknowledgments” 37 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 93 (October 2020)
- “Family Court: Chapter 3” in the State Bar of Wisconsin Guardian ad Litem Handbook, 2018.
- Supplement on Wisconsin Prenuptial Law, published in Drafting Prenuptial Agreements (Wolters Kluwer, 2014-2016)
- Article: "Enhanced Earning Capacity: Is the Haugan Decision Functionally Obsolete?" 28 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 2 (April 2008).
- Article: "Is the Haugan Decision Functionally Obsolete?" 22 Wisconsin Law Journal 7 (Feb. 18, 2008).
- Milwaukee Family Law Clinic
- Marquette Law School Mediation Clinic-Volunteer Supervisor
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Property Division
Honors & Awards
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer 2019
- Wisconsin's "Rising Stars" in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009
- AIOFLA 10 Best Under 40 in 2017, 2016, 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, 2015
- Wisconsin’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, Family Law, 2011