Judith O. O’Connell
Judy O’Connell is an experienced lawyer who has handled hundreds of divorces and other family law matters over the course of her career. She is also a certified mediator and has mediated many family law matters over the years.
She takes the time to understand her clients and their needs to find legal solutions tailored to their needs. She offers a variety of options for a client to select from that will best suit their circumstances and achieve their goals. These options include litigation, mediation, collaborative divorce, and more. Her compassionate approach to the case helps her client through the most difficult of circumstances and serves to keep the emotional and financial cost to a minimum.
Judy is a proud graduate of Marquette University Law School. She is married with 3 adult children and an active member of the greater Milwaukee community. She is a volunteer lawyer at the Marquette Law School brief legal clinic at the Milwaukee Justice Center and active member and past president of the St. Vincent de Paul conference at Christ King parish in Wauwatosa.
She is a member of the Milwaukee Bar and Waukesha County Bar Associations, and past board member of the Dispute Resolution chapter of the Wisconsin Bar Association. She has been a presenter at Continuing Legal Education seminars for the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Mediation, UW-Milwaukee, 2013
Membership & Leadership Positions
- Milwaukee Bar Association, 1986 to Present
- Waukesha Bar Association, 2015 to Present
- State Bar of WI, Board member of Dispute Resolution, 2019 to Present
- Article: “Contingent Orders Finally Allowed in Limited Circumstances” 38 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law (July 2021)
- von Briesen & Roper, Lawyer, 2018 to 2021
- Peterson Johnson & Murray, Lawyer, 1999 to 2017
- Milwaukee Justice Center, 2014 to Present
- Collaborative Family Law Council of WI, 2019 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- “Positioning your Collaborative/Interdisciplinary Team Practice: Ways to Enhance your Presence in the Interdisciplinary Client Workspace”, Panelist, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, February 2023
- Family Mediation, UW-Milwaukee, 2015 to 2019
- Family Law
- Mediation and Collaborative Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year - Family Law Mediation, 2019