1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modification And Enforcement Of Placement

How To Enforce Or Change A Child Custody Agreement

Circumstances in life can fluctuate and change. If these changes affect your child, an existing custody or placement agreement might no longer suit his or her needs. Alternatively, the other party might infringe upon your rights to see or care for your child.

The seasoned family law attorneys at Burbach & Stansbury S.C. can assist you with modifying or enforcing your placement agreement. Our principles of compassion, honesty, dignity and respect help us support parents who are dealing with these legal challenges.

Contact us at 262-257-9110 if you need help changing your original child placement decree.

What Warrants A Child Placement Modification?

After finalizing the first placement order, life can change in many ways. Therefore, Wisconsin allows parents to revisit their child custody and placement agreement under certain circumstances. As with the original order, all changes must be in the best interest of your children – even if parents agree on the modification terms.

Common circumstances that may warrant modification include:

  • One parent needs to move for a new job, relationship or career opportunity
  • There is a reason to believe that the child is in physical or emotional harm
  • There is a significant change in the child’s behavior or grades
  • A substance or physical abuse problem
  • The schedule is no longer practical or workable

Enforcing Your Rights Within The Agreement

Your relationship with your child is important. If your former spouse refuses to follow the child custody and placement order, our family law attorneys can explain your options.

Whether the other person is withholding your visitation rights or refusing to pay their share of child support, we are committed to helping you enforce your agreements. We may even seek to impose rightful penalties on the other party.

We Can Help Protect Your Parent-Child Relationship

When a family law order is no longer fair, you do not have to simply live with the consequences. Give Burbach & Stansbury S.C. a call today at 262-257-9110 to schedule an in-person consultation with our Milwaukee modification attorneys.

We serve clients across Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine County and all of Wisconsin.