Wisconsin Family Law Attorneys
Call Us Today 414.721.9611
No two people are the same. No two divorces are the same. This understanding is what drives our practice.

Modification & Enforcement of Placement

Helping to Modify Your Wisconsin Child Placement Agreement

Circumstances in life can fluctuate and change. When it comes to the well-being of children in a placement agreement, these changing circumstances may require a modified agreement. That is why the seasoned Milwaukee family law attorneys at Burbach & Stansbury S.C. assist clients in need of modifying or enforcing their placement agreements. Our principles of compassion, honesty, dignity, and respect are utilized to help our clients who are dealing with the difficulties of child placements.

Contact us at (414) 721-9611 if you need help changing your original child placement decree.

What Warrants a Child Placement Modification?

There are many things that can happen in one's life after finalizing a divorce. The Wisconsin family court recognizes this, which is why the Wisconsin Family Code allows parents to revisit their child custody and placement agreement in case there are some things that you need to modify. Such changes must be in the best interest of your children in order to be approved by courts in Wisconsin.

Below are some of the most common circumstances that may warrant modification:

  • One parent needs to move for a new job, relationship, or career opportunity
  • There is a reason to believe that the child is in physical or emotional harm
  • There is a significant change in the child's behavior or grades
  • A substance or physical abuse problem

A modification can also take place if the legal custody status of the child has changed or if both parents agree to a modified schedule. Additionally, an individual may file for financial modification of child support or alimony agreement if one party can demonstrate changes in income, job status, and other similar circumstances.

Enforcing the Agreement

If your former spouse refuses to follow the agreements issued by the court, our family law attorneys can educate you on the options available for you. Whether they are withholding your visitation rights or refusing to pay their share of child support, we are committed to helping you enact your agreements and even impose rightful penalties on the other party.

Give Burbach & Stansbury S.C. a call today at (414) 721-9611 to schedule an in-person consultation with our Milwaukee modification attorneys.